Sep 30, 2013

Acorns!

I completely forgot to mention this in the last post, but I'm in "prepper mode" and decided to gather up some acorns and work on making them taste palatable. Acorns have tannic acid in them, which you have to either boil or cold water leach it out. You're supposed to leave them in cold running water, under the tap or in a river but I can't leave the water running for hours, so I've been soaking them for DAYS and they still taste bitter, so I'm going to boil them once the rest of the acorns I gathered are ripe enough. 

I have pictures, so I will explain it all when the process is done so I can post pictures of it all. If you want to try it yourself this year, I suggest googling it NOW because you'll have to gather them in the next week or so before the squirrels carry them all off and they stop falling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment