Jan 21, 2013

Valentines and a Hiatus

Judging by my banner choice, you can tell valentine's is on the way! My boyfriend and I don't necessarily do much for V-day, but that's because our first valentine's together I got really upset earlier in the day and couldn't shake my mood when I was hanging out with him. 

This year, though, I am determined to at least do something nicer than usual. I have recently found (and immediately followed) a blog called Love, Actually, and it's really given me the motivation in these cold months to do something special. For xmas, I made my boyfriend homemade Reese's cups. Well, now he want's heart shaped ones for valentine's. I also want to try my hand at making bacon roses, but I don't want to buy fake flowers just to take them apart for the stems. He wants the stems to be edible, but I'm not even going to try that unless someone helpfully points me in the direction of an easy to follow tutorial for edible stems that are sturdy enough to hold bacon roses! 

I also would like to give him some kind of a spa treatment, but I'm not sure if he will be in the mood for one. He hasn't been wanting a foot rub even though the muscles are visibly knotted! 

In December, he got me this awesome plush hedgehog at Shopko and since then we have learned that it's the perfect stuffed animal. It's round, and is the perfect size to use as a pillow, or wrap your arm around it and hug it. He sleeps hugging a pillow half the time, so I would like to get him one of these animals, but I'm not sure if they are going to be there anymore or if he will like any of the other animals. I don't want to end up with 2 of the same plush just because he also wanted a hedgehog too! 

Anyways, on to the Hiatus part of my post. I don't have the room or supplies where I am staying to craft. So I'm not crafting. I plan on cooking more, so I can do some posts on that, but for now, I won't be posting very often, sadly. I REALLY hope to get back to crafting soon, as I am getting very stressed without it. Until then! 


No comments:

Post a Comment