Jan 27, 2013

Baked Mac & Cheese

Edit: Please read the updated version of this post here.



I don't have any pictures right now, but I've just decided that I'm going to make my homemade mac and cheese for valentine's dinner. I kind of mashed together several recipes in order to make it, so, I figured I should write the recipe down, and perhaps share it... You know, because... The last time I made it everyone LOVED it. It's delicious!

Anyways, I'll be sure to add pictures of it when I make it for valentines. We don't want to go out ON Valentin's for dinner because... It's going to be packed everywhere! So, we'll go out a week before or a week early at one of our favorite Teriyaki/Sushi places (one of those awesome high quality, low price places!).

Ingredients:

1/2 lb of shell pasta
3 tbs butter
3 tbs flour
3 cups milk
12 oz shredded Velveeta cheese
Hot Dogs of choice
Bread crumbs
Paprika
Salt
Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (F).

Cook the noodles to al dente, drain then pour into a large casserole dish. Chop up hot dogs into small pieces and mix in with the noodles.

Heat the milk in a large sauce pan. Melt butter in the milk, then stir in flour a little at a time. Now add the cheese a little at a time. Constantly stir so the milk doesn't boil until the cheese is melted. Pour this mixture over the noodles. It should almost cover them completely. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper on top to taste, then sprinkle bread crumbs on top.

Slide this into the oven, if you're worried about it bubbling oven, slide a cookie pan on the rack below the one the casserole dish is on.

Bake for a half hour. Let cool slightly. Nom. Enjoy.

The recipe above is approximate... I didn't write down the recipe I actually used, so this is what I THINK it was, haha... I will correct it if necessary after I bake it again. The last time I made it, I didn't use hot dogs, I used these little bite sized pieces of meat... Can't remember what they were called but it was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog...we're both thinking the same thing with a Valentine's themed linking party. I did a lot of themed parties last year and they were great.
    I also wanted to let you know your blog comments are set to "no rely", no email address attached. I have a tutorial on the right side bar if you want to read more about it
    Karen

    ReplyDelete